Wednesday, February 11, 2015

This Bird Has Flown

Monday, January 12, typically would have been a good day for my dad. That night the Oregon Ducks played The Ohio State Buckeyes for the NCAA Football National Championship. But my dad didn't see the game and we didn't get a chance to discuss it the next day.

At about 9:30 am -- after a brief illness -- my dad died. He was 81. He had been battling several health issues, but his death was still a bit of a shock.

To date, I haven't had a good cry. Sure, I've gotten a bit misty-eyed a time or two, but I haven't broken down. The main reason why is that it was a good death. He didn't suffer long and he died in his sleep. For my money, that's the best way to go.

I haven't gone as far as banging a drum like Zhuangzi (at the death of his wife), but I have taken some solace from that story.

Life and death. 

It's the ebb and flow of the existence we know.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Dad, Trey.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the sad news, Trey.

    Like dew drops
    on a lotus leaf
    I vanish.

    ~Shinsui

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences Trey. Think of you often. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss. Now he begins a fresh journey. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while I've been here...but something called me today! Chinese new year I think. Condolences, but 81 is a magic number!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My four year old is struggling with the concept of death right now. Years ago I learned that death is nothing to fear, but loss... it is so much trickier. Your mind knows your father had a good death but your heart is not so easily soothed. When the two reconcile you will gain important wisdom. Until then the great struggle is allowing yourself to feel the sadness.

    For my part, I want to go out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Article sir, Keep Going on... I am really impressed by read this. Thanks for sharing with us.. Happy Canada Day Wishes,
    Latest Government Jobs.
    List of Top 10 Free Classified Ad Posting Sites of India

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete
  9. در این مقاله قصد داریم تا نحوه عملکرد تانک ضربه گیر را به طور تخصصی مورد بررسی قرار دهیم. همان طور که می دانید عملکرد صحیح تجهیزات هیدرو مکانیکال در خطوط انتقال آب از اهمیت ویژه ای برخوردار بوده و قطعا می توان از این تانک به عنوان یکی از مهم ترین تجهیزات سیستمهای انتقال و پمپاژ آب نام برد که این امر اهمیت آشنایی با نحوه عملکرد آن را دو چندان میکند.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.